SANDED

19.5.15



Ah don't mind me I'm only taking a short break from writing the last essay of the semester. I just missed writing here so I thought I would do a very, very short post now and sharing with you some results of my material experiments which have led me to a very interesting place. For me this research is far from over because I want to pursue it further. 

These two bits in the picture above are pieces that came out of my experiment. My material was black beach sand and I wanted to embrace it's quality without mixing other materials with the sand. Sanded is the process of transforming the black sand into a strong material using a high temperature whilst maintaining it's sand texture and look. The object I made for the final presentation of the class can be seen on my portfolio

ps. I am on instagram where I lately I've put up more updates than there. 

No Comments

Post a Comment

OBLIVIATE © 2017
Template by Blogs & Lattes