SLOW DOWN + TUNE OUT

24.4.15




Do you have the same habit as I did, that as I woke in the morning I would look through the social media feed? As if something spectacular had happened over the night whilst everyone was asleep. 

I've recently made it into a habit and a morning routine to not tune into emails, instagram, facebook, etc. until I have woken, eaten, gotten ready, gotten the child ready and had my morning cup of coffee at home rather than in the car on the way to school or in class whilst reading the paper and / or magazine before I head out of the apartment - and more importantly not tune in until after all of that. 

To have that relaxing couple of hours after I wake up gives me more energy through out the day and I feel I get a lot more out of it. Last semester in school I was awake until very late to work on projects and woke up really early also to keep on working and I felt it drained me completely as I have always been the person who, even before baby, was in bed by 10.30 and up by seven and my idea of sleeping in was to stay in bed until nine. So I made a change back to that and now watch after my sleep carefully and take time for myself in the mornings. I feel so much better.

What's your morning routine? Do you log into social media as you wake or was it just me?

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! It is so important to slow down and enjoy life outside of the social medias! Nothing feels better than a good nights sleep and a long, slow morning offline! :)

    Don't miss my OPENHOUSE give-away this week!
    http://www.sosoftsunday.com/2015/05/win-win-win-openhouse-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rutine, im trying that too, first coffee and breakfast. Slowling and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

OBLIVIATE © 2017
Template by Blogs & Lattes